Thursday 3 June 2010

Second letter to my MP

After the disastrous election results and my constituency turned blue I thought I'd better have a bit more involvement and ask for things - MPs are supposed to work for us, after all. So I've been writing to the new MP. First letter's had no response, it was a request against the speculated reduction of abortion time limits that Cameron has indicated he would support. Although I now have a woman MP I worry she would also support a reduction in the time limit so I wrote to ask. But no reply yet.

Today I wrote again, asking her to support the Early Day Motion against the proposal to grant anonymity to rape defendants. Disgusting bit of injustice that would be. Let's see if I get a reply. 57 MPs have already signed the EDM. This is a good article by former solicitor general Vera Baird about it.

1 comment:

  1. I got a reply to my email to my MP. Guess what - she didn't answer the question. And her letter was full of how rapists deserve anonymity and isn't it horrible how women lie about rape?

    Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete